Software Engineer Team Leader
Feb 2016 – Jan 2019
- Providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits (SOLID, DRY, documentation).
- Collaborating with other engineers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain applications.
- Helping to remove impediments, coordinating with DevOps, product and QA.
- Identifying and encouraging areas for growth and improvement within the team.
Feb 2012 – Feb 2016
- Drupal 7 & 8 module development
- Writing maintainable testable object oriented PHP code following SOLID best practices
- Participating in team code reviews, estimation, task definition and retrospectives.
- Practicing continuous delivery with automated testing (Behat/PHPUnit)
- Identifying and resolving performance issues using New Relic, Xdebug, Xhprof.
- Evaluating tools/services, making recommendations and helping implement.
- Migrations from legacy systems.
autoexpress.co.uk, theweek.co.uk, carbuyer.co.uk, drivingelectric.com, buyacar.co.uk, itpro.co.uk, denofgeek.com, expertreviews.co.uk, coachmag.co.uk, cyclist.co.uk, alphr.com
- Employee of the Year 2016
- PPA Development Team of the Year 2012 & 2015